Friday, June 30, 2006

Looking For

the key.

"if only i could find the right door"
original photo by mongo (yours truly)

Writing these days is slow. Madrid is beastly hot. I've been sitting here for hours, pondering the uses and abuses and layers and density of procrastination. yesterday was shifting. today is leaning. tomorrow may be better yet. Here's a poem, another one by the beautiful Gerard Malanga. Another one that I've fallen in love with, again and again.
____________________________________________________
Lost Time
There is a passage by Walter Benjamin I cannot locate.
There is a street in Paris that this passage describes
lost in time.
There is a shop window reflecting back
what I see for the last time.
The affiches have long since disappeared from the tunnels.
Among the photographs in my head are some I have never taken.
--Gerard Malanga--
_____________________________________________________
(originally published in a collection of poetry called Memory's Snapshots 1990-2000. quoted here from No Respect: New & Selected Poems 1964-2000.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Snyder said...

love the poem, bb...

i trust you'll find that keyhole for your keyster, you top you.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

thank you dear sirs! don't worry your pretty lil bald head about me, i'll come out on top
*wink wink*

glad you dig the poem. i may post some more by gm. good stuff for sure.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Nicholas Theisen said...

Pacchan, what's with the melancholia in your photos of late? Is someone going through an emo (still not sure if I'm using that correctly) phase?

Your photo reminded me of a series Tsuchida did for the Hiroshima Peace Museum (which is weird becuase something JD mentioned awhile back had once again made me think about his work) of various objects in their collection, particularly the pocket watch and geta.

And is it just me or has JD become unusually fond of the letter K of late?

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home